Real fire no chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The chimney in our house has been knocked out from the bedroom upwards, so we only have a chimney breast in the lounge. We would like to put a real fire or a wood burner in but want to know whether we would need to rebuild the entire chimney, which we assume would be expensive. Is there a type of flue available that doesnt require a chimney, that could be run up through the house, perhaps with a plasterboard frame around it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I took the chimney out of my house few years back, then changed my mind & put it back. The regulations were tighter to put it back than when the house was built (1935).
The answer is yes you can put it back, but seek professional advise. Try your local council building inspector first, he will give free advise.

what he said.... yes you can get double skinned chimey in stainles steel and its prity expensive.

Sponsored Links
sidecar_jon

what he said....

What who said.

You can also build a brick flue using precast (thats how I did it) I then box that it & hid it between wardrobes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back