REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH POWERMAX 155 NOT IGNITING

What parts did your engineer replace ? Also , if you paid by cheque ,call your bank and you may be able to stop payment , Have you been issued with a written record of the repair work ? If you are not satisfied with the work carried out , you should have some form of redress .Hopefully , your engineer has returned and completed the repair .

Sponsored Links
The Powermax design always struck me as pretty simple - in other words, quite difficult to make it STOP so long as the fan turns, there's a supply of gas and the igniter works. I'm confused about what has actually been done to it so far. If there's any reference to parts fitted, can you tell us what they were.

When I was employed by Baxi , the most common faults on this type powermax were , gas valve failure and pektron control board failure .

The parts that they were replaced were a flow switch and he bought something for an interim fault on the control box they both cost 247.16 excluding vat. labour was 228 excl vat. now he is saying a new ignition lead may be needed. I really dont know what to do........ the burner is still cutting out.

There is electricity and gas and the fan is definitely running so to be honest I dont know why it hasnt been fixed.

Sponsored Links
Agile how do i get your email address from your profile....Im new to the site and am not sure how to do it?

I think you click on the "Agile" when it appears in blue on the index page.

Still waiting on this dodgy company to come and sort my boiler out............and I actually found out that the boler is less than 3 years old so it shouldnt be giving any sort of major trouble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back