really made a boob on this plasterboard!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks!

Well I really made a bit of a #$%& of this bit of plasterboard in another room I did. I forgot to screw in one of the plasterboard edges to the ceiling rafters, upon realising this I decided to put the screws in and get rid of the bowing board then all of a sudden I get this nice 20mm gap appear where the wall meets the ceiling. The wall board isn't long enough now so how can I get around this? Whack in some dot and dab before it gets skimmed?

Iv attached a picture of shame!

Attachments

• 1472585145401.jpg
    1472585145401.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 864
Sponsored Links
Haha nice . Even that might not cover it !!

Should have known it would go wrong at some point. Best of it is this was the last room and the easiest.

Other options I thought was to cut a patch out and place another board in it. Pretty sure I could just fill it with dot and dab but really not sure!

Sponsored Links
Should have known it would go wrong at some point.
Personally, I think putting up plasterboard is an underrated accomplishment.

The joists/noggins are never where you need them (or wide enough); the room is never a nice rectangle (always a slight parallelogram); your girlfriend can never manage to hold her end up in the right place for more than 3 seconds; and even getting the damn boards home without smashing the edges is an achievement.

It sure is mate. Iv done most on my own but our house is funny sloped ceilings and as you said beams are miles out. good point on being wide enough I had that issue too. Probably why it annoyed me so much not noticing those screws when I did the walls!

Skim shouldn't have any issues sticking to the drywall I wouldn't have thought so going to fill with adhesive then. Thanks for the replys guys.

Bit of an update. I found out why I never put the screws in that board. I had forgot that the ceiling rafters was out by a mile and I forgot to correct it before wall boarding. Popped the board down and lowered the rafters now it's about a 5mm gap so all sorted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back