rear brakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
citroen C4 - how much to replace rear discs and pads?

Just been quoted £270 by Halfrauds autocentres! (Only took it there because it was short notice).

Told them I would shop around. What should I expect to pay? Apparently the discs are unusual and come with the bearings and the hub etc? :eek:

Sponsored Links
because i thought maybe someone helpful might tell me how I could make this cheaper. I know the first thing - dont have it done at halfrauds. But what else? What would YOU pay?

I'd phone around several garages and get prices and make my mind up based on the standard of parts they provided and whether I could get them cheaper myself for a garage to fit and whether garages are prepared to fit parts supplied to them by me. Brain surgery it is not. You consider the price you have received from Halfords as expensive, compared to a main dealer you may find that it is a bargain. Compared to a Pole working for cash in hand etc working in a backstreet workshop somewhere it could be considered expensive.

Sponsored Links
Some rear discs on Citroen and Renault indeed come complete with hub, bearings and ABS reluctor ring (if its not in the bearing). A crazy idea, admittedly.
Often motor factors don't stock these, and a main dealer may be the only way to buy them.
In which case, including pads too, Halfords are a fair price.
Try the likes of Eurocarparts for individual prices, if you like and you'll get some idea of the cost.
Fitting is around 45 minutes a side.
I wouldn't have work done at Halfords.
John :)

Back