Rear view mirror plug problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20210224_150354_resized(1).jpg
20210224_155555_resized.jpg
20210224_150505_resized.jpg
Just bought a brand new replacement wing mirror for my Suzuki 2012 SX4 ZS5. Fitted beautifully with no problems except when trying to connect the electrics. The first two images show the female plug coming from the car and the male plug from the old mirror. The third image shows the plug from the new mirror. It's a different shape with a rounded side rather than square. The internal configuration may also be different. Is there an adapter that I can buy? Would be grateful for any other solutions before contacting supplier as MOT due in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
I think you may have a replacement for a later model, but the good news is you don’t need the electrical positioning / heating for the MOT.
John :)

I've just had a look at the MOT testers' manual and you are correct. That's a comfort but would still like to connect up if possible. Thanks Burnerman.

The original connections are for a mirror up to 2011, I think you’ve got the facelifted one which is rounder.
I don’t know if the wiring colours are the same though, which could give you a clue about the connections.

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the suppliers invoice and covers years 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. So should be a correct plug connector. Five wires in the plug. Will look at the colours tomorrow. Is it possible get a new male and female blank connectors and rewire? Could a garage do it? Keith.

From what I remember, both plugs are genuine Suzuki items so what's adrift there I don't know.
Anyway, there's no need to use the genuine items, plenty of one way plugs / sockets on ebay.
It should be possible to work out what goes where....the heater will have one wire and an earth (normally a two pin plug) and the others go to the mirror motor which relies on reverse polarity to get it to turn in different directions. For sure a wiring diagram would help as I can't comment on the wiring colours but an auto electrician shouldn't have too many issues.
Would the supplier take the mirror back?

Thanks for your further comments John.
20210225_103306.jpg
Looking at the old and new male plugs, the old male one as 8 holes which I shall number 1234 at the top and 5678 at the bottom. 1 and 5 are brown, 2 is white, 3 is pink and 7 is grey. I have uploaded an image of it.
The new male plug (uploaded image 3) has 5 holes in line numbered 12345. 1 and 2 are black, 3 is red, 4 is green and 5 is white. Supplier will be contacted.
20210225_103306.jpg

Inadvertently uploaded the same image of the old male plug twice. Sorry about that.

Sponsored Links
Back