Rear Xtension - Objection and PWA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Few weeks ago, my neighbor had applied for planning permission to build a large single story rear extension but the Council informed us and we objected to it and the extension did not go ahead and they're ****ed off with us.

Recently, they made an application again but this time under 'permitted development' which does not require planning permission for the extension with 5M with 3.3m highest point. Just learned about it, as we got a PWA form from their suveryor to sign and no detailed plan of the extension, attached.

I looked online for our local authority planning and this time they didn't need their approval and we're not asked for opinion. However, I looked online for consultation it says we should be consulted under 'Neighbor consultation scheme'.

Now, even we can't object, is it better to hire another surveyor, to look after our interest or we can use the surveyor that the neighbor has used, though he mentioned in the letter he is not acting on behalf of the neighbor?

Sponsored Links
Recently, they made an application again but this time under 'permitted development' which does not require planning permission for the extension with 5M with 3.3m highest point. Just learned about it, as we got a PWA form from their suveryor to sign and no detailed plan of the extension, attached.
Ignore it. Could be a PWA surveyors version of ambulance chasing. These people monitor applications and pounce once they get wind of a name or address.

You need to speak with your neighbours and try and cut out the whole PWA thing if you can.

Sponsored Links
Ignore it. Could be a PWA surveyors version of ambulance chasing. These people monitor applications and pounce once they get wind of a name or address.

You need to speak with your neighbours and try and cut out the whole PWA thing if you can.
I think the neighbor got in touch with him, to draw up the PWA.

What I'm confused about is why the local authority did not ask for my opinion for their second application as the rear extension is 5M, so I should have been consulted and not get a PWA through the post, though the neighbor had been upset due past objection of the extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back