rear yard concrete floor covering for kids?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i live in a terrace house with little front garden and a yard to rear...i have a 2 year old girl who loves playing out with her toys but cuts and bruises galore while in back......is there anywhere where i can get some protective sheeting to restrict injury but also withstand dailly elements?
any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
moulded to shape / size rubber matting, its found quite often in play areas, try a google search

magico, are you after a permanent solution or one that you can take up as and when you need to? I always prefer to use bark chippings as they are softer. You would need to place these in a defined area and obviously once they are down you cant just take them up!

The matting in play parks is called soft pour. This costs about £50 a SM laid.

I think places like B&Q sell something similar. Otherwise i would go with the bark chippings, or,timber decking or digging up concrete a laying turf.

I certainly would not put down sand, you would get every stray cat in town poping round to use the new loo.

Sponsored Links
ok cheers,think i might go with the decking or the matting.......too expensive to dig up concrete and turf......dont think the bark chipping would be in garden for long with kids and might look at b&q for that sour pour stuff
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back