Recent installation...........quality problems

Sponsored Links
Still got more.

All the windows are double tilt and turn and all the right sided windows are slightly lower some worse than the picture some better. Can this be rectified?? The handle are annoyingly noticeable.

Attachments

• DE67A0E3-A095-41AB-A605-5ACCD6AAD6AF.jpeg
    DE67A0E3-A095-41AB-A605-5ACCD6AAD6AF.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 211
Just looked at this thread. I'm sorry you can ask as much as you like on here but the bottom line is that that installation is a complete and utter mess. I don't fit or supply double glazing etc I just pay other people, a hell of a lot of money, to supply and fit. That lot looks like it was fitted by a bunch of amatures. I don't know what you can do short of legal action because looking at that bunch of junk you will, probably, only get grief from the suppliers/installers.

Bottom line it's an unmitigated mess and you are not in any way being picky. Good luck with however you follow this up.

Terrible job..

We had two lads and they took two days to fit 10 windows.

Makes me appreciate how good a job they did!.

Even down to the final clean down when they were both clearly knackered!.

That fit and finish looks very poor, you could argue some of it is down to the frame manufacturer but they shouldn't have signed the job off if it looked that poor imho.

Sponsored Links
I visited another showroom today and they told me pretty much the same as what’s been mentioned on here. It’s poor quality product that’s been installed poorly.

The installer is coming back on Wednesday with his touch up pen. He’s going to be told that touching up chips with a pen is acceptable and the quality is good enough.

Just got to find out how I stand legally. Luckily I’ve only paid a small deposit.

No middle quote

Anglian windows quoted 9k
Safe style 4.5k without door.
Small firm 6.5k

Terrible job..

We had two lads and they took two days to fit 10 windows.

14 windows plus replacing the back door, all done in the one day, whilst I was at work. I think there were three or four of them, not complaints at all apart from the back door as mentioned above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back