Recessed led lighting for bathroom shower area

Sponsored Links
Anyway, back to that timber rotting business. Are these permitted in the recess? Do these circumvent the issue of rotting timbers in roof cavity?

Thats what it says on the tin - but it doesn't say you can use it with celotex - better speak to the manufacturers to be sure. But note the size:

Dimensions: Lower diameter – 274mm
Upper diameter – 224mm
External height – 162mm
Internal height – 150mm
Wall thickness – 10mm +/-2mm

That is a big chunk of celotex to take out in order to fit this thing - then multiply it by the half dozen lights you will probably need to give an adequate spread of lighting in the room.

Sponsored Links
Be very careful when using LED's. When using white LED's make sure they are powered by constant current drivers - more expensive but they will last longer and give more lumens per watt than retro-fit LED lamps operating on a transformer or direct from mains down to 12/24V.

LEDs also generate loads of heat from the wafer (bit that generates light) but it depends on how the thermal path works as to whether you will get a decent life, long term light output and the amount of heat thrown back into your ceiling. Remember, if a LED heatsink doesn't get warm it's either not working or it's in the extremely rare category of over-engineered!

You also need to be careful of the colour temperature when buying LEDs - most quote a high lumen output (typically at 5000K) but the tungsten feel (2650K) values are far lower by upto 25%.

You may be better off looking at a surface mounted LED IP rated fitting in low profile

But I strongly advise not buying from *********

Basically don't buy from them even if they are the last supplier on earth.

I wouldn't trust any company that thinks it's OK to steal from other businesses in order to promote themselves.

I'm afraid you have us confused with a company that doesn't support it's distribution network and refer customers and contracts!
But I've not confused you with a company that uses spamming. Spamming is theft - you are using the storage, processing and bandwidth resources of this site without paying for it.

When you joined you agreed to the rules, which was clearly a lie because you promptly broke them.

And you think those are the actions of honest and trustworthy people?

I stand by my judgement of you as thieves and charlatans, and I stand by my advice to people to have nothing to do with you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back