Recessed tube lights in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm trying to find a solution for lighting in my bathroom. I want to avoid overhead lights and instead recess lights into the stud walls. The look I’m trying to go for is long (i.e. 1 meter) vertical recessed units (perhaps fluorescent tubes), across a couple of the walls. Here’s a link to the type of look (though I want longer and clearly suitable for the bathroom): http://www.castlegatelights.co.uk/l...recessed-wall-light-with-silver-finish-p17948

Problem is I cannot find any such units – does anyone know of any that I can use in a bathroom?

Speaking to a retailer just now, the other option is to buy standard fluorescent tubes and reflectors, and then silicon seal glass over them. Alternately, same reflectors but use rated LED strips. But will this be safe?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Sounds like silicone would be a PITA when a bulb or starter failed!

Do you mean LED replacements for fluorescent tubes, or the rolls of LED's - they could work?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back