Recessed Spur.

H

harrisonline

I want to spur off a socket and add another socket. This is something I have done before but in the past I have used a surface mounted box.

This time I want to route the cable behind plaster and fit a recessed socket.
I know I have to use something like oval PVC conduit but am unsure how you go about fitting the recessed back box and how the conduit sits next to it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I know I have to use something like oval PVC conduit
You don't have to, but it makes it easier to get the cable out if ever you need to.

but am unsure how you go about fitting the recessed back box
Chop a hole in the wall a little deeper than the box, fix it in place with a screw. Depending on how neat a job you do with the hole you may or may not need to fill around it.

and how the conduit sits next to it?
The conduit runs in a chase of the right depth so that it lines up with the knock-outs...

IMGP3408.jpg

Do make sure you observe the rules on concealed cables...The socket should be RCD protected anyway.

Is this new socket in the kitchen?

Thanks for the help all. The photos are a great help.

No the socket is in a living room. Am I not allowed to add a spur in a kitchen now with part-p? for future reference?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back