Recessing hatch lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering blocking up one side of a serving hatch. The hatch currently has a wood lining similar to a door frame lining. My plan is to recess this lining, put a stud frame in and put some plasterboard on the studwork. My problem is how to recess the lining in situation. First thoughs would be a kind of dremel style tool with a cutting disk.

Below is a before/after picture of what I want to do. All advice on best way to proceed appreciated as I do not know if a dremel is the right way to go.

Cheers

Owen

Sponsored Links
rip it out and start again.not worth the hassle in my opinion.

just be aware you will almost certainly get cracking where the joints are.only solution to that if you really worried about it ,is to skim the whole wall.just something to think about.

Sponsored Links
thanks again chaps, will rip the whole lot out and patch plaster. Given that cracks are likley I will probably lining paper over it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back