recip saw - cordless 18V for Firewood Branch cutting + other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a few offers for Dewalt Recip saws at screwfix & FFX

I want cordless, and DEWALT as i have 5 batteries at the moment - 5Ah and a couple of 3Ah batteries 18V

we have a load of old branches and logs -

I already have a chain saw - Stihl , petrol, and its great for the larger branches, but to be honest , not always bothering to get out , setup and start.

I think a cordless recip saw would be quicker and more likely just to get on with the work, i would have had an hour at it this afternoon while sunny

I have read that upto 12" is fine with a recip saw - none of the wood is green, some has been there 2years or more

Also what sort of blade for cutting rough branches.

2 questions
1 - which one of the Dewalt 18v recip saws - seem to be a few choices
DCS369N-XJ
DCS382N-XJ
DCS386NT-XJ
DCS367N-XJ - this seems to be the one on offer , and seems to fit the bill - with a blade adjustment in 4 positions

2- blades

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Blades, I use these;bosch
Also the Lidl ones are good, made by Scintilla in Switzerland

All recip saws have the same fitting I think.

Sponsored Links
thanks, any suggestions for general purpose set of blades - maybe a set of 5 with different blades - tooth , wood, metal etc

My Lidl has some "20V" recip saws / branch cutters in at the moment.
So the blades may be in stock, too? Or not. That's the trouble with middle of Lidl stuff. ;)

i had a look at middle of isle and didn't see anything this week or coming - as you say
That's the trouble with middle of Lidl stuff
i'll have to have a look tomorrow , although nearest lidls is a 20+ mile round trip - see what FFX will do as a deal tomorrow... otherwise will go to Screwfix

thanks

i have just ordered the recip saw
DCS367N-XJ
and those Bosch Blades
Also some dewalt assorted blades
DeWalt DT2445-QZ 12 Piece Recip Saw Blades Tough Set

should arrive tomorrow
Hopefully a good choice in recipsaw - looking at quite a few reviews , seems to be the most liked one

also I got the lot at a good price as FFX had all on offer

My Lidl has some "20V" recip saws / branch cutters in at the moment.
So the blades may be in stock, too? Or not. That's the trouble with middle of Lidl stuff. ;)
Theres 20% off all parkside gardening and diy stuff with a Lidl plus app but ends today...they have branch pruners and lots of garden power tools at the mo.
They also have the brass hose fittings as well

DCS367N-XJ

So can can you use the blades in 4 different orientations? If so, I can see that might be useful. I don't own a reciprocating saw, but I am considering get one at some point.

yep, you can put in in 4 positions
Four-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased versatility

also says that in the user manual - which i downloaded in feb2020 - when i was first thinking of getting one :)
supposed to be good for flush cutting - readign reviews etc

screwfix and FFX had on offer - same price , but the bosch blades suggested , were a lot cheaper at FFX - so i got those and the dewalt set of various blades

I will have a go Thursday - should be here sometime Wednesday from DPD

well, the saw only arrived this morning - loads of issues with FFX delivery , they have compensated me for the problem , BUT i cannot believe how long it took to actually get a delivery , and a lot of calls and a lot of complaining , the CS people were doing there best.... the order did not go out for Wednesday delivery as a process error - I just got messages from DPD awaiting a delivery , then on Thursday, they said it would be on morning DPD delivery before 10:30 - nothing , no DPD followup - called all day Thursday, eventually got through to be told the order had been cancelled at 14:00 !!!! - this was 7pm , so i had to reorder , and expecting now Friday - guess what, DPD flagged still waiting for parcel on the new order. Called Friday and was told the items could not be picked from the warehouse , because of location ....... they sorted again for a before 10:30 Saturday delivery.
Turned up at 12:30 today ........... if they had not offered compensation, i would probably have cancelled anyway.

I had issues with FFX next day delivery, in the past , which did not happen, and i had to wait an extra 1 day, which was inconvenient.

I have used FFX quite a bit for DIY tools , and spent quite a few £100's (probably with the shows £1000's since 2017 ) with them , routers & Bits /mitresaws/grinder/jigsaw/planer/circsaw/ loads of accessories and trend stuff , clearly nothing like trade - but lots of dewalt tools and accessories.

As i say they did compensate me, for all this inconvenience, and the CS staff were very apologetic , understanding and quick to try and resolve the issues - so really good CS , but still not a great experience, and unless its a real bargin price and deal, I'm NOT sure if i will use them again... May just goto the show in detling , if they have one in 2024

Screwfix had the same offer on for the Saw, but only stock was 25miles away , and no bosch blades ..... Now i see its all available from my local screwfix

I have purchased from D&M tools show in 2019 - so may look more at the deals they have in future

ANYWAY
i was unable to use as planned Thursday/Friday and now its raining and the forecast is for rain for the next few days , well in fact for the next week or more , so I will have to wait for the wood to dry out and then use - so a couple of weeks , before i update the thread

Tool does feel good , although manufacture date is 2021 (not sure on the code for month)

looking forward to using it and cutting up a load of old branches etc for firewood, and finally clear away a small courtyard where its been quite a mess for a couple of years

Last edited:
I have used FFX a few times, mainly to order Festool abrasives. I haven't had a problem but I completely get why you are annoyed.

I have previously popped in to D&M in Twickenham. Full on tool p.orn. I hate shopping, unless I am in store with decent tools.

i also had a t-stak box from FFX
and its shows images of a tote tray - which it turns out is NOT include - as it does say in the description

EDIT - Interesting that on the link posted above - it says NO TOTE TRAY included
cant see that on the webpage - unless I open the description and then see

DeWALT 23 Litre T-Stak VI Deep Toolbox Guaranteed Tough Storage - No Tote Tray Included - DWST17806
that was a little disappointing , as i had not read the description - Buyer beware

Anyway - I got a tray for the box off amazon for £9 , so i can now use for the recip saw and also the blades and other bits in the tray

I had this issue with Amazon a while back, the image showed metric markings on a roofing square - , i received one with imperial marked square - no mention anywhere that the one they provided was imperial. I did sort it out with amazon...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back