Reciprocating saw - significant blade flex

As the saying goes, if all you have is a hammer, every problem becomes a nail.
to be fair i am mostly a bench joiner so a recip saw is a fairly crude tool by definition in my tool box:D
yes you can finesse it to give a reasonable cut which in my action was to cut the face off the wooden facsia from a point a few mm below the tiles on the roof through the face back to the roof timbers with minimal damage :D

Sponsored Links
and many a works corded Makita (OK

You having a laff?
This is the TR3060T about to go into action against a 6" x 4"....
upload_2018-7-29_10-46-52.png

This machine will eat your hilti,bosch,milwaukee,porter cable offerings imo.
The finished cut...

upload_2018-7-29_10-48-2.png

Last edited:
Yes. In your opinion..... Yet again the Makita man has spoken :whistle:

You having a laff?
This is the TR3060T about to go into action against a 6" x 4"....

This machine will eat your hilti,bosch,milwaukee,porter cable offerings imo.
The finished cut...

That's the JR3060T not TR3060T.

I don't own a recip saw but I might look in to getting the Makita you mention. Thanks.

How straight is the cut in the other dimension though? The shoe on recip saws look too small to ensure parallel cuts

Sponsored Links
The accuracy of the cut either way is dependant on the user....
upload_2018-7-31_18-24-53.png

I have that mains Makita jobbie and I love it, I think I paid just over £100, 8 years ago. The Hilti ones are around £650.

I was chopping out some old roof timber in our new loft extension and had one of those big flexible Bosch metal blades in and was able to bend it and cut nails off flush.

Strictly rough work for me...

I have that mains Makita jobbie and I love it, I think I paid just over £100, 8 years ago. The Hilti ones are around £650.

I was chopping out some old roof timber in our new loft extension and had one of those big flexible Bosch metal blades in and was able to bend it and cut nails off flush.

Strictly rough work for me...

With Hilti you can half the price then remove 50% and you'll roughly have the market value. You're paying for the name and the warranty; I've stopped buying hilti after my last cordless rotary off them went bad; had the armature replaced 3 times.

Had a laser measure off them for around d £350 (similar Bosch may have been £150), replaced 5 times in 2 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back