Puzzling reciprocating saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks
Bought a reciprocating saw on Fleabay.... little used, but no blades or instructions.
The model is a Rockworth ARCP600, (pic attached) which I’ve tried to fit with standard reciprocating saw blades.

Never had a reciprocating saw before, but figured I should just twist the collar, so the blade pushes in up to the ‘shank’ then twist again to lock.

But every time, after say 30 secs, the blade pings out.

Hopefully I’ve not bought a lemon..... can anyone offer any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Attachments

• 75F5CFFF-0829-4A71-AE61-6CD40DACB158.jpeg
    75F5CFFF-0829-4A71-AE61-6CD40DACB158.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
try oiling inside the slot where the blade goes in and turn the ring several times with the machine pointing skyward
then insert and retract the blade several times and try again
but like you i suspect theres a reason it was for sale :rolleyes:
also worth checking the collar/ring dosnt click or locate forward or back

Rotating the collar should retract a holding pin out of position so you can insert the blade. The collar should then be sprung so it rotates itself back itself inserting the holding pin through the shaft of the blade.

I believe only this single pin holds the blade.

So if you can insert the blade before rotating the collar then the pin is stuck in the open position.

On my now ancient and very bashed R saw the pin sometimes sticks in this open position. (My saw uses a leaver to rotate the collar and withdraw the sprung pin). I can then slide blade in and out even when collar is not rotated.

When this happens I use lots of WD40 and tap the collar, and open & suddenly release the collar, to try and make sprung pin spring back into its closed position.

You might need to message seller and warn him of issue and use PayPal protection to get my money back. Video issue as evidence.

Sfk

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back