Recommend a tyre pump/compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a 12v tyre pump that does not take 5 hours to pump a tyre, jump all over the place and make the neighbours think that the road is being dug up?

Sponsored Links
I agree with your comparison with a road digger. These 12V units are a good idea but, in practice their use is fairly limited. Years ago I bought a s/h diaphragm compressor, ie, it has no piston but an eccentric operated diaphragm which pumps up to around 40psi. It has enough volume to operate my small spray gun and has enough pressure & volume to inflate a newly installed tubeless tyre. The 12 V units have nowhere enough volume to do that. I see, on Ebay, there are currently two secondhand diaphragm units being offered at around £30/40. Also, there are many small piston types which are more than adequate for home use and some of these are less than £75

Out of necessity I got a "Rapid Digital Inflator" from Halfrauds

This particular one gets some good web reviews, and at the moment these are being sold off cheap as they are now selling a newer redesigned version.

Sponsored Links
Out of necessity I got a "Rapid Digital Inflator" from Halfrauds

This particular one gets some good web reviews, and at the moment these are being sold off cheap as they are now selling a newer redesigned version.

I can vouch for this too. I bought one after unsuccessfully using many small compressor types that broke or where like using an ashmatic ant to pump up the tyres.

The halfords one is very good, seems accurate and is pretty strong and robust.

Back