Recommendations for a good slurry primer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I’m soon to be laying Indian Sanstone slabs in my garden and am looking for recommendations for a good value slurry primer?

There seems to be loads out there.

Cheers,

Ed

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks. I have Indian Sandstone Raj Green so I’m guessing normal cement will do? I’ve had a look at a few videos and as always people use different mixtures. What mixture do you recommend?

I’m planning on using sharp sand and cement in 5:1 ratio for the mortar. What pointing product do your recommend?

Cheers,

Ed

Thanks. I have Indian Sandstone Raj Green so I’m guessing normal cement will do? I’ve had a look at a few videos and as always people use different mixtures. What mixture do you recommend?

I’m planning on using sharp sand and cement in 5:1 ratio for the mortar. What pointing product do your recommend?

Cheers,

Ed
We use a manageable 4:1 (sharp/cement). Full beds. The skill is having just enough gear down for a bit of knockage with the rubber hammer, without loads of gear oozing up through the joints. We then joint it with a wet fix polymer jointing compound. Always tool the joints - don't just brush it in.

Last edited:
We use a manageable 4:1 (sharp/cement). Full beds. The skill is having just enough gear down for a bit of knockage with the rubber hammer, without loads of gear oozing up through the joints. We then joint it with a wet fix polymer jointing compound. Always tool the joints - don't just brush it in.

Yes, the old slabbing has come on a treat with our help here. Well done. (y)

Nice, looking good. What sort of cement/SBR mix do you use?

Just mix cement and sbr together (no water) so it's paintable consistency then paint the back of slabs with it carefully. Some people like to do if as they go. Others like to let it go off so it tacky.
BTW it's sticky stuff so don't get on your hands, fade of slabs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back