RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A RF ROOM STAT

Hot water always gets priority in a combi. When the C/H is on and you run the tap it switches over to hot water mode. Turn the tap off and back to C/H (as long as you stat is calling for heat)

Sponsored Links
The aquacomfort control is set on and off via the hot water temperature dial if you do not have a vaillant controller. You turn it fully clockwise to turn on and fully anticlockwise to turn off. Boiler will then fire up about every 20-30 mins to keep plate heat exchanger warm.

With the 360 this allows you to set the time period that you want the aquacomfort to work, eg 6-7am then 5-8pm. When it is in an off period the boiler still produces hot water as a normal combi.

I've never done an installation yet that I've found it necessary to leave this feature on, but no doubt others have, especially if the combi is a long way from the taps ;)

Thanks gas4you, the VRT360f seems the right stat for the things I want it to do.

The cable connection from the boiler to the RF Rx'er is via 2 core ebus cable. Is this a special low voltage cable and if so where can I obtain a couple of meters worth.

No nothing special, 0.75mm heat resistant 2 core flex will do, it is only carrying a low voltage/digital signal. Also the unit is not hard to operate. Vaillants used to be horrendous learning how to use them but these latest ones have improved immensely

Sponsored Links
Dont fit the vaillant r.f. stat i was on a vaillant course and was told by THEM thy are crap :rolleyes:

Draton rf2 all day long

gasandoilman said:
Dont fit the vaillant r.f. stat i was on a vaillant course and was told by THEM thy are rubbish :rolleyes:

You are correct to a point. They had terrible problems with the first
360 r/f but since the relaunch they apparebtly have fixed the issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back