Recommendations for outdoor cameras?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd rather take the advice of professionals here than wade through reviews on Amazon (which may or may not be fake).

We've got a couple of foxes around here who my wife feeds and she wants me to set up a couple of cameras on our summerhouse to get footage of them playing in the garden.

Don't ask me why and I daren't question her :censored:

She's seen cameras on wildlife programmes on tv which have micro sd cards in and she's set on something like that.

So, any advice / pointers? I'd need night-time capability and I can mains power them from the summerhouse so don't necessarily need battery powered ones.

(I'm assuming a regular set up using a DVR isn't an option owing to the massively fluctuating temperatures inside the summerhouse).

Thank you for reading.

Sponsored Links
The foxes are inside the summer house?

we have a fox that digs up our bulbs and poos in the middle of our path.

There are lots of options, but it comes down to wildlife only and where to mount the cameras and where you want to store the data.

low light cameras like color vu will get decent images at night in full colour.
You could power one up with an sd card in and record footage and later download it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back