Recommendations for replacement for Virgin Tivo box

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
After many many years of having Virgin media, time has come to change, mainly due to cost as they now want £170 a month for BB, phone and TV. The Tivo (or whatever it is called these days) is great, as you can pause and rewind TV, record 3 or 4 channels simultaneously and store loads of recordings, though not sure if the storage was onboard or in some cloud type storage. What I am after is a box which will replicate the Virgin one, or be very close. No contract, just buy it and plug and play. I will be getting community fibre BB, I don't have a satellite dish, and it will be just for 1 TV, though if something can do several TV's it would be OK, but not essential.
TV is an old Sony Bravia KDL40W5710, not sure if it is "smart"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I remember having the Zgemma boxes, that used to decode the Virgin channels with the internet.. good times lol

After many many years of having Virgin media, time has come to change, mainly due to cost as they now want £170 a month for BB, phone and TV. The Tivo (or whatever it is called these days) is great, as you can pause and rewind TV, record 3 or 4 channels simultaneously and store loads of recordings, though not sure if the storage was onboard or in some cloud type storage. What I am after is a box which will replicate the Virgin one, or be very close. No contract, just buy it and plug and play. I will be getting community fibre BB, I don't have a satellite dish, and it will be just for 1 TV, though if something can do several TV's it would be OK, but not essential.
TV is an old Sony Bravia KDL40W5710, not sure if it is "smart"
Not had a need to record any program , everything available on catch up tv.Or via internet .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back