Recommended Bell boxes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to fit a new bell box to the front of my house and am quite drawn towards the pyronix deltabell plus because of its lights, (would have to have it printed though)

Does anyone recommend this one or any others within the price range?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The deltabell is good but as you say its only really good having a cover with a logo on. The deltabell has about 6 led's as a strobe. Now this is just my opinion but i don't think it is as good as a traditional strobe i.e. visibility wise. Some may like it, i personally don't.

If you want something stylish, the Texecom Odyssey 5 is good. Looks modern, but don't for for the "E" version. It is slightly more than the deltabell, but better imho. Again, others would disagree.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/1577/texecom-odyssey-5-115db-external-sounder

Have 3 of them on my house myself :D

I have always liked those texecom sounders! What is the difference between the 5 and the 5e version though? Is the e the really small one I've seen in some houses!

Is that what the deltabell has just leds!? Do you know if they illuminate the top it too when it goes off or just the bottom?

That's funny! Are they all active or some dummy? Can you see the strobe properly when it goes off?

I have always liked those texecom sounders! What is the difference between the 5 and the 5e version though? Is the e the really small one I've seen in some houses!

Is that what the deltabell has just leds!? Do you know if they illuminate the top it too when it goes off or just the bottom?

That's funny! Are they all active or some dummy? Can you see the strobe properly when it goes off?

Basically, the "E" version is an economy version. Only has one piezo sounder as opposed to two. (109dB v 115dB) There are also two sizes, a standard size and a compact one, both with the economy version available. The small ones are good for places such as garages, used one myself. Pretty pointless for a house though. One other point, i think, ottomh, the "E" ones aren't as higher IP rated than the standard ones. Its to to with dust and water protection

Instead of a conventional strobe that uses a high voltage, the deltabell has a low voltage strobe in the form of led's. The led's, so to speak, also form PART of the comfort flashing led's. Two led's flash side to side, but when activated, all the led's flash together.

Yep, they're all active ones, set as SAB with a separate PSU in the loft. Front, side and back. Strobes and comfort have good visibility and easily seen when activated.

Sponsored Links
That sounds good then! Do you have the installation manual for the texecom to see what installation is like? And if you or anyone else has the deltabell one for out of interest!

Thanks!

what panel you got, be nice if you can make use of the hold off feature using the texecom bell box.
Doesn't matter since if you know how you can activate this feature manually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back