Recommended Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking for advice on the best method of insulation for a single brick external wall of a garage.

The garage has a thermalite block non-load bearing partition wall dividing the garage into two spaces (one used as utility, other remaining storage space).

I want to plasterboard the ultility room completely but i'm concerned about the best way to insulate the external single brick side of the garage wall, so as not to create any future damp probs,etc ?

Sponsored Links
First glue some 40mm celotex to the wall, then build a stud wall snug against this insulation and fill with 100mm celotex between studs and fix 12.5mm fireboard then skim.

Be sure to tape all insulation joints (both 100mm and 40mm layers) with foil tape.

This method may be belt 'n' braces but i am not aware of other insulation based mitigating factors that could effect/reduce thermal values.

Cheers for the advice Noseall !!

belt 'n' braces is well worth it in the long run !

Nice one

Sponsored Links
Sod that, fix insulation backed plasterboard straight to the wall with d+d/foamfix. 60mm inso backing on 12.5 pb.
Do the same inside the utility room and you'll have a warm 'airlock'.

Ps. Nose isn't wrong, he's just 'different' :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back