Red ceramic wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently fitted a new kitchen (gloss white). Now I come to do the tiling it's all looking just a little bit too white. The ceiling's white and I'm using white 200x100mm white wall tiles.

The walls are red so I want to break up the white wall tiles with some red ones (not necessarily the same size). I'm having a lot of bother finding red wall tiles though. I found some small red and grey glass mosaics and a lot of muddy browny-reds but no real red ones.

There's obviously a reason for this, can anyone tell me what it is?

Can you get red tiles?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Find a tile shop (not shed) that sell H R Johnson tiles, their Prismaticas range should have suitable red tiles, they come in several sizes including 100x200.

Red is one of the hardest colours to get the glazes right

Jason

Thanks Jason. My local Topps Tiles has some samples and they're bang on. I've just ordered some.

Sponsored Links
Check them when they arrive. Bought some black and maroon for my daughter and around 50% of the tiles were scratched on the face (poor handling) - it shows on the dark tiles. They were replaced FOC but (possibly) because it was pointed out before we took them out of the store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back