Redo 22mm Yorkshire T solder fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am t-ing (how should that be written :?: ) off the bath feed to supply a separate shower valve. Not being a proper plumber I only have two hands so went for Yorkshire solder fittings.

Well when I have come to filling the system I have a small leak at the bottom of one of the 22mm ends.

Is it possible to reheat this and end feed some extra solder to fix? Would I need to flux? If so where? Drained back down so heating up should be OK.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
You will almost certainly be better advised to unmake the joint and start again, possibly turn the torch down a bit.
It'll do no harm to add a bit of extra solder to the joint when you heat it up.

Drain the pipe, dip the solder into the flux, heat the joint until the solder starts running again then add new solder.

When he's done that and it still pi**es out he can drain it again and do it properly. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, flux used was Fernox powerflow.

I will followup when I get a chance to tackle the joint again.

Update, must be my lucky day. Rubbed joint over with wire wool, rubbed flux over the area, dipped solder in flux and heated up. Wiped clean and filled up this time without leaks :) lucky day I guess

Thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back