redring electric shower stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Shower stopped working while it was on. The top two setting lights do not illuminate when the buttons are pressed. The third down comes on when the button is pushed but nothing happens, no sound, no flow. The light on the bottom 'off' button flashes as normal when pressed. Grateful if anyone could help with a solution

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it you've done the obvious checks for water supply, power reaching the device, loose electrical connections inside it and at the isolation switch....

Do you have a manual, there will be a troubleshooting guide in it, manuals can be downloaded from redring.co.uk, common faults are thermostat/overtemp, solenoid, elements, or one of the many components on the circuit board

I do not have a Redring shower to hand. :confused:
Redring make about 30 different shower products. Please state the model you have.

Would you be kind enough to say what the "third button down" is supposed to do?
Is it the skinny latte button, perhaps? :mrgreen:

EDIT:

And I know this may sound flippant.
But, as an electrician, I kinda think the issue may be a plumbing one when a customer says "the light comes on, but the shower does not work"

It might be a plumbing problem, or an appliance problem, but ( rarely) an electrical problem....

Sponsored Links
With all that copper in there, weigh it in and buy a new one.

Off topic I know, but why the loop of copper pipe on the outlet?

Surprised no one Else has spotted this, but that looks like a 2.5 or at best a 4mm cable supplying that shower. What is the kW rating of the shower?

On close examination I think your right. The Line certainly looks single core not multi-core. If my memory serves me right that makers it most likely to be 2.5 - though I've not used 4mm much recently so memory may be playing tricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back