Reduced flow in hot water tap in kitchen only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap in the kitchen (separate handles for hot/cold) and the mains to the house comes into this tap. I have always had excellent flow from all points in the house. This changed a week or so ago. At this time the water board where working on 'something' in the area and I noticed that at this time something happened to my flow.

My cold flow in the kitchen (mains fed) increased substantially. It was already fine and now I can only turn the tap on to half max. Any more than that and the water would flow so hard it would hit the sink and jump put. I need only turn it on a quarter now to get what I need. Now the problem -

At exactly this time the hot tap (on same mixer) flow reduced by 75% - it runs but ever so slowly - takes at least a few minutes to fill up the kitchen sink, whereas before it would have taken 30 seconds or less. No other change to any other taps/showers etc in the house.

Surely it is not a coincidence that this happened when the water board where working in my area? Is this an air block or could it be something else? If air block - is there an easy way to check/fix?

Sponsored Links
Unscrew the end of the tap and see if the aerator if its blocked with debris from the works in the road.

PLEASE IGNORE ABOVE - FIXED.

Sorry, cannot see how to remove this thread, if at all possible. It was an airlock and fixed with help of online videos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back