Reducing heat loss into an integral garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wall between my lounge and an integral garage is a single Thermalite block one which is not very thermal efficient. I am thinking about cladding the garage side with an insulation board like Celotex or Gyproc Thermaline. I am hoping to glue the board straight on to the Thermalite blocks and leave it at that. Will this cause condensation or any other problems?

Sponsored Links
Not on the (cold) garage side no. you will need to protect the inso' with a layer of plasterboard or ply. Seal all joints with mastic or foil tape.

Not on the (cold) garage side no. you will need to protect the inso' with a layer of plasterboard or ply. Seal all joints with mastic or foil tape.

Is the protective cladding absolutely necessary?

Sponsored Links
Is the protective cladding absolutely necessary?

From an insulating point of view i guess not, but a layer of skimmed plasterboard will add some degree of thermal protection as well as protecting the insulation.

The exposed insulation will be easily damaged and may not satisfy fire reg's, though i'm not sure about the latter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back