Redundant pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have started getting our dining room ready for re-plastering and decorating, and have uncovered the following:

1) Redundant (what appears to be) gas pipe next to the current gas meter, coming up out of the ground from broken slab/earth inside our bay window. This is a very old rusty pipe.

2) Similar thickness of pipe over the other side of the room, which was hidden behind nasty plywood covering

3) Water pipes which don't seem to go anywhere and have been cut at one of the junction ends and are exposed, which makes me think they're not connected to anything

I realise gas pipes should be capped when they are no longer being used, but this clearly has not happened. Ideally I want to get rid of/sort out these pipes so it looks like a nice tidy job.

Made a few calls to gas fitters to come and have a look but nothing back from them yet.

Will upload pictures when I am able.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
1 and 2 probably what used to be the old internal gas supplies, fitted during house construction.
3 no idea, but as they're open should pose no problem. Only a guess from behind my keyboard.
Pics would help.

There were pipes upstairs for the old gas lamps (very narrow diameter pipe) so (2) may well be something to do with these.

Will try and add pics when I get home.

Sponsored Links
Old gas pipe next to meter (uncapped)

Crimped gas pipe next to meter

Hole in floor with pipe

Pipes re (2) and (3)

Pipes re (2) and (3)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back