Rees Mogg a stain on Democracy

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/poli...sevenths-of-an-imperial-fathom-20200605197195

Rees-Mogg to insist MPs distance by five-sevenths of an imperial fathom
5th June 2020

JACOB Rees-Mogg is insisting that social distancing in the Commons is carried out with long-forgotten imperial measurements.

From now on, the Serjeant-at-arms will use a 19th century measuring system last used at the time of the Corn Laws, and any MP failing to comply will be removed by men in stockings.

Leader of the House Rees-Mogg said: “I considered the rod, perch or pole measurement from the 15th century but even my own children had no idea what I was talking about.

“In the case of lady MPs, distances will be measured from the outer hem of their skirts. Should any of them attempt to cheat the system by wearing trousers, they will be barred.”

Labour MP Tom Logan said: “It’s bad enough queuing for two hours but now I’ve got to stand here being measured by a guy who looks as if he’s out of Blackadder.”

Rees-Mogg added: “This is just the start. I also plan to bring back obsolete measurements such as the furlong and barleycorn, and of course our beloved pre-decimal currency.

“This will make shopping a nightmare for everyone except weirdos like me, but it’s patriotic.”

Sponsored Links
from the governments own website:

1. Work from home, if you can
All reasonable steps should be taken by employers to help people work from home. But for those who cannot work from home and whose workplace has not been told to close, our message is clear: you should go to work. Staff should speak to their employer about when their workplace will open.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-guidance-launched-to-help-get-brits-safely-back-to-work

we all know the real reason for ending hybrid parliament:
"With the lack of cheering and dry, formal atmosphere in recent weeks, many feel the session has favoured Labour’s Sir Keir Starmer, a former QC, who has managed to gain the upper hand through a lawyerly dissection of the PM.

Mr Johnson, a showman who enjoys playing to the gallery, has found it hard to find his rhythm without an audience, and some Tories feel he could do with a few more them at his back."

snake oil salesmen cant peddle their untruths without an excited crowd of buffoons.

Mr Johnson, a showman who enjoys playing to the gallery, has found it hard to find his rhythm without an audience, and some Tories feel he could do with a few more them at his back."

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

Sponsored Links
dominic-cummings-loses-popularity-in-britain.jpg

Looks like he's been driving his car.

Stand well clear.

On another entirely unrelated matter, when my vision went temporarily faulty, I phoned the NHS and, as advised, I went straight to the eye department of my local hospital, even though it was the middle of the night. Obviously I didn't drive, I took a taxi.

It wouldn't be safe, or legal, to drive with faulty eyesight.

As another responsible citizen, presumably you agree?

Back