references

Just think - before computers, you wouldn't have had to worry about all this!

And before someone else jumps in - I know, and we wouldn't be chatting to each other now.....

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
and when tripple height gets a scrollbar its time to close some windows before the os gets a bit unhappy ;)
That's only because Windows is to a real OS what double-entry book-keeping is to philosophy.

And any minute now the Moderator will awaken from his slumbers and move this to the computer forum.

As if any of us are using computers, and not toys, but that's another topic for another day. In the beginning was the command line.....

Multiple height taskbars? I find that grouping icons means that I very rarely need that, and being able to see that I've got n copies of Office apps/IE etc open without having to count is very useful. I usually take the hint that things are approaching meltdown when I can't open another IE window......

Am I the only one running Opera -- F11 toggling full screen ? I doubt it.
;)

pipme said:
Am I the only one running Opera -- F11 toggling full screen ? I doubt it.
;)

im using firefox. full screen but not F11

Sponsored Links
I gave up on Firefox after a very short trial showed the the text attribute buttons on sites like this don't work....

In November 2004 Honda Motor Company acquired 45% of BAR as part of a joint venture with BAT, who own the remaining 55% of BAR Honda. The creation of the new company will enable Honda to fully devote the engineering personnel, hardware and financial resources which it alone can uniquely provide, to a deeper integration with the team's operations.

~~~~~~ Using Opera 8.01
Trying to edit some text, entering the codes using buttons - just results in the codes being 'plonked' at the end of the text, irrespective of cursor position ...
Attempts to insert codes at various cursor positions gives results as above. (codes become visible using 'quote' button )
:cry:
BUT ........
This is said to do the trick for FireFox and BBcode handling.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=128&vid=196&category=Miscellaneous

;)

The FireFox BBcode etc extension ... Need to set, <Tools> <Options> <Web Features> then tick <Allow Web Sites to Install Software> Ok that .
Install the FireFox extension...
Shut down FF, restart, right click in text should result in :-

FFBbCodeExtension.jpg

mmmm !! Actually inserts both start and end code at the cursor position, (see in text above "square [ b ][ /b ] braces" ) cursor remains between the two, ready for typing... Ok for insertion, but requires one or other code to be deleted if editing . ... The 'settings' allow right click choices :-
FFExtSettings.jpg

;)

Yeah - tried that.

It's clanky - I'm just not prepared to right click through several levels of context menus dozens of times a day because the browser doesn't render the website properly in the first place.

With respect to Opera ... I found a custom Menu.ini script offered freely by 'ReLiK' an Opera forum member ... BBCodev2.ini
This works well, is a right click context menu, but encloses any selected text with the codes chosen.
Works great with URL's too, with 'Link text' and without.
Very satisfactory, feels light and quick .. actually works.
OperaRightClik.jpg

:D

Not interested.

I want to use the website buttons.

Any browser that doesn't support them is irretrievably broken, IMHO.

FFS - if Microsot can make it work, there's no excuse for anybody else not to.

Well, ban, you keep on using micro$oft then... ;)

I'll keep on using the more secure, stable, faster Firefox.

I'll readily admit, some sites don't behave properly with it, but they're few and far between and I can always launch IE if I can't do something I need to.

The acid test was this: running IE before I got FF, spybot and ad-aware were picking up about 30-40 items when I ran it weekly. Now they pick up about half a dozen. And I can't remember the last time I saw a pop-up....

I hear what you're saying, but this site is one that doesn't work, as is Screwfix, anybody else that uses phpBB etc - not few and far between. And with email integration to click on links in post notifications I can't select different browsers for some links.

Sponsored Links
Back