safety zones around stairway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, could someone refer me to the safe zones surrounding stairways in part p or the 17th can't find any reference thought this might be right.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I wasn't aware of any safe zones regarding staircases.

Refer to the standard safe zones and apply those in respect to walls and accessories.

The zones are correct around the socket but do not extend beyond a wall / partition etc

beaten by garymo!

Sponsored Links
If routing cables from beneath the staircase does the stairway become the partition, the normal horizontal safe zone at the bottom is not now possible since the floor area is now the staircase but would mean a diagonal path

As soon as you pass through the staircase the cable isn't in a safe zone unless there is another accessory there to denote it.

Thanks very much for you help everyone, I have a consumer unit underneath my stairs and wondered which way the cables run they obviously go to the joist area but I'm not sure how thewy get there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back