CP12

• Thread starter bigbrian7363
  • Start date
B

bigbrian7363

hi can someone please tell me what the serial number in the top left of a cp12 refers to !!!

Sponsored Links
It is the serial number of the printed pad of forms.

No other relevance except where a firm might log them with those numbers. Most I expect just file them under the date though.

Tony

Are the serial numbers of the pad registered to the person or company who has purchased the specific pad ??

Sponsored Links
As I said they are not registered to anyone!

They are provided by the printers in case the engineer wants to use them.

I doubt many do!

So can I say ! Use a cp12 from another gas engineer and fill it in as long as my gas safe number and information is correct ?? I thought the cp12 pad would be registered to a specific person or company !! So gas safe could refer to if an incident occurred ?

So can I say ! Use a cp12 from another gas engineer and fill it in as long as my gas safe number and information is correct ?? I thought the cp12 pad would be registered to a specific person or company !! So gas safe could refer to if an incident occurred ?
Are you gas registered?

Simple question ! Nothing iffy about it always wondered why the serial number was there ? Been a plumber , heating engineer for 38 years ! Also I do know you can't obtain a cp12 pad without your gas safe ID ?? So!!

Simple question ! Nothing iffy about it always wondered why the serial number was there ? Been a plumber , heating engineer for 38 years ! Also I do know you can't obtain a cp12 pad without your gas safe ID ?? So!!
If only mate , unfortunately anyone can walk into a plumbers merchants and buy a whole pad of CP12s for about £8 or can order them from ebay, the serial number has no significance except to the owner of the pad

Try and buy a cp12 from say corgi or plumbcentre and you must show your ID !! What's to stop the cowboys who don't have up to date certification buying these and falsifying the information !!!! The point I'm trying to make .

anyone and there granny can buy a pad , if this is not a wind up it bloody should be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back