Refill inhibitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am in much need of your help once again, my terrible 4 year old son opened the drain off point for the heating system and drained all the water!

The display on the boiler was alternating from F.22 and 0.0 bar, I have refilled the boiler.

Shall I get the installer to refill inhibitor?

Sponsored Links
my terrible 4 year old son opened the drain off point for the heating system and drained all the water!

Shall I get the installer to refill inhibitor?
Yes - and deduct the cost from your son's pocket money :LOL:

PS Get the installer to change the drain point to a child proof one.

It was terrible to see warm water soaking away in the Woolen Cream colour carpet. :(

You were lucky it was not black magnetite which would permanently stain your carpet.

Pete

Sponsored Links
It was terrible to see warm water soaking away in the Woollen Cream colour carpet. :(
Don't tell me you got Ann Maurice to do a makeover :!: :LOL:

She's interior design's version of Henry Ford - except he said black.

I have made the decision to refill the inhibitor myself, but which one shall I use that will not require removing radiators, draining down system etc. I have heard you get some that can be put in through a radiator?
Which one?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

which one shall I use that will not require removing radiators, draining down system etc. I have heard you get some that can be put in through a radiator?
Sentinel X100 and, if you live in a hard water area, also add Sentinel X200.

Both products now come in a "Rapid-Dose" version, which looks just like a large aerosol can. They also do a Concentrate version, which can be injected into the bleed screw of a radiator.

See http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/en/

How easy/messy is it to use?

Will I need to drain water to add it?

PS.
I have a towel rail in the bathroom, can I add it from here, if so, how?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

With the concentrate version do you just remove the silver bleed screw and squirt the inhibitor in?

With the concentrate version do you just remove the silver bleed screw and squirt the inhibitor in?

You use an adaptor, which screws into the rad in place of the bleed screw, and a skeleton gun - the type used for bathroom sealant etc.

Thanks for that, does the product come with the adapter?
How easy is it to remove the vent screw, will water come out when it is removed?

One last question, Is Fernox super concentrate protector the same thing?

Sorry for being such an idiot! :oops:

1.does the product come with the adapter?

2 How easy is it to remove the vent screw,

3. Will water come out when it is removed?

4. Is Fernox super concentrate protector the same thing?
1. Don't know - your plumbers merchant will though.

2.Buy a rad key from the plumbers merchant you visit to answer your first question!

3. A lot of water will come out - if you leave the boiler and pump running. Read the instructions on the container - before you buy it.

4. Fernox super concentrate is just as good. They also do a Protector F1 Express, which can be put in via a radiator or the filling loop and comes with the adaptor.

Thank you, thank you!

I went to my plumbers merchant, bought the Fernox super concentrate, came home and pumped it in using the adapter and a silicon gun.

Very easy to use when you follow the instructions, although a tiny bit sprayed out I quickly replaced the bleed valve.

Thank you very much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back