Refit existing Solidor composite door elsewhere?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new unused Solidor door (without a frame).

I'd like to use it to replace a upvc front door. Ridiculous to scrap it.

1a) Presumably the EXISTING upvc frame will need replacing?

AND

1b) Will I need a NEW frame manufactured ONLY using the Solidor partner (Koemmerling O70 'Slim'? Or will Rehau do?

2) Can Solidor be trimmed or planed, (I might need 40mm coming off door based on dimensions of K's O70 Slim depth of 40mm?)

3) Anything I'm not thinking of? I Will need to get lock and hinges. But the glazing cassettes are fine.

3) Anyone fancy the job, it's in Birkdale, Southport. It's a holiday let, so happy to barter. Go golfing or take the kids , you can make it a busmans holiday if you like.

Sponsored Links
1a) Presumably the EXISTING upvc frame will need replacing? Completely different profile of frame

AND

1b) Will I need a NEW frame manufactured ONLY using the Solidor partner (Koemmerling O70 'Slim'? Or will Rehau do? Any profile that can accomadate Solidor ( don't think Rehau do )

2) Can Solidor be trimmed or planed, (I might need 40mm coming off door based on dimensions of K's O70 Slim depth of 40mm?) A certain amount can be taken off , depneds what your lowest door height is

3) Anything I'm not thinking of? I Will need to get lock and hinges. But the glazing cassettes are fine. Glazing Cassette should be fine as its part of the door slab, lock and barrell will be fine BUT you will need the lock keeps, hinges will depend on wheher you have the correct parts and they are positioned correctly ( normally done using jigs )

3) Anyone fancy the job, it's in Birkdale, Southport. It's a holiday let, so happy to barter. Go golfing or take the kids , you can make it a busmans holiday if you like. Can't answer this

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a manufacturer for the door frame, as I can't see any making it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back