Refurbished phones

Sponsored Links
Why do you ask?

There are plenty of very good brand new (mid range) phones out there, without spending a bag-plus on a flagship one.

Why do you ask?

There are plenty of very good brand new (mid range) phones out there, without spending a bag-plus on a flagship one.

You say that... And I have been looking. ... I did it last time got this dreadful Huawei.

Do you recommend anything

Sponsored Links
If you claim on phone insurance, you normally get a refurbed phone.

I think it would depend on the seller's definition of refurbished.

You say that... And I have been looking. ... I did it last time got this dreadful Huawei.

Do you recommend anything

My Huawei G7 is over 5 years old. It's great- I recommend you get a new one. Free calls to China. (One way.)

I bought an S5 a few years back from Cash Converters (Cashies). No problems. CeX offer 2 year guarantee on what they sell so better than the 1 year you get with new ones.

In general, refurbed phones bought from a reputable source are fine. Some even have 12m g'tee.

I have bought a few over the years and they have been fine.

I think for the money that Motorola phones are very good. If Chinese ownership bothers you, they have been taken over by Lenovo who also took over IBM.

Motorola phones are guaranteed at least one Android update, sometimes more.

And they are stock Android, so not loaded up with bloaty, slow interfaces.

What is your budget?

I bought my supposedly used Iphone SE around 18 months ago, with a 2 year guarantee for (I think) £140. I'm not into large screen phones, a phone should fit in my pocket easily. It has been fine, with little show of having been used before I got it. I only upgraded my old Iphone 3, because it wouldn't run the more recent Apps and it needed a new battery made form unobtainium.

We got our daughter an iPhone XS from Music Magpie, it was immaculate but the screen has failed 7 months on so it’s going back for a repair/replacement.

I bought a new IPhone 7 maybe 3 years ago, I’m typing on it now

Sponsored Links
Back