Tesco refurbishment

L

longdogs

Been to Tesco's today. Not a great thing to do at the best of times I know but they are refurbishing the superstore in Pitsea and are constantly moving everything around from week to week. It's so infuriating and a complete waste of time for customers. Their excuse is that they are improving the store but in reality they are just cramming more and more stuff in the aisles. As you first walk in, you are faced with a range of push chairs and baby clothes (I don't remember seeing that on my shopping list). Theyv'e got all these staff walking round in yellow tee shirts and holding a yellow lollipop saying 'Here to help'.

''Excuse me, could you please help me find the will to live?''
:evil:

Sponsored Links
they often move products for no other reason than to break your routine and make you see other products whilst looking for the things you need
all supermarkets do it its well known ploy similar to end off isle displays and checkout displays all done to manipulate us like sheep including the crisp isles :D

They are doing a refit to keep ahead of their competiton morrisons moving in around the corner.

Up here, a new build has the clothing at the front and are changing as the customer likes to see fresh stuff, veg, fruit, entering the store, i think i do.

Sponsored Links
Local ASDA often has the manager walking round asking people what they think etc. As I know him from outside the shop I said to him one day, All this moving around of stock you do, do you think it actually achieves anything?"
"Oh yes, it definitely sells stuff that wouldn't normally sell at such a volume."
"And what happens to the stuff that normally has a high volume turnover? Do you see a drop in comparison?"
"Well, yes but thats to be expected, you can only sell so many tins of beans regardless of who makes them."
"So if you sell 200 tins of brand X beans each day then swap them around you still only sell 200 tins of brand Z a day?"
"Yes, but its making people aware there are other brands"
"People are aware, they are normally stacked next to each other in the aisle. So now you are selling the same amount of an inferior brand at a cheaper price. Whats the logic behind it?"
"Well, we have to do it because head office tell us to."

:rolleyes:

they move stuff around for the purpose of annoying the customers.

I remember seeing a article years ago about the ploys of the big stores and this was one of them..also other things that they use..all the brands try to get near as possible to the entrance as folk will put them into thier shopping trolley first and as they are coming near to the end of their shopping trip and thinking about costs the goods are already in the basket, they also try to have goods at eye level for obvious reasons .. another thing that puzzled me was that over 90& of shoppers turn right when entering a shop?? and mcdonalds and kfc use the colour red as the human brain associates this colour with food, supposed to be from we was living in caves?

It's tough at the top and you cannot afford to keep still in any company business

Sponsored Links
Back