HELP!!!Contractors not giving quotations?

Tep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have been having difficulty of having quotations for flat refurbishment in Aberdeen. I have met several contractors for refurbishment. Only one of the contractor from mybuilder.com come back to me with quotation. I am not sure why? May be the job is too small for them or may be they don't like to work with me. Can someone give me advise on this matter please?

Sponsored Links
mybuilder.com
Doh! Avoid those kinds of website like the plague. Refurbs are difficult to price at the best of times when when you have a set of drawings or at least a scope of works. Have you got a set of drawings or at least a scope of works. Or do you expect to get a quote from taking a builder on a tour round your apartment for 10 minutes and nothing on paper?

Hi freddy,
Many thanks for quick response. I have outlined brief job descriptions for what i want to do and I have been showing most of the contractors to the flat as well. I am aware of mybuilder.com is not reliable website to go for but I have no one in Aberdeen to ask for recommendation. Please advise.

Hi freddy,
Many thanks for quick response. I have outlined brief job descriptions for what i want to do and I have been showing most of the contractors to the flat as well. I am aware of mybuilder.com is not reliable website to go for but I have no one in Aberdeen to ask for recommendation. Please advise.

why dont you try google or yell.com or your local papers. c'mon bit of savvy!!

Sponsored Links
It is about 1page in A4 size with 20 points have outlined. Is this too short?I think I have put as much detail as possible in the brief.

The flat is easy to reach in city centre.

That could be the rub. Will the contractors be able to park outside? Multi-storey a mile away? Metered zone? No more than 2 hours in 6? It starts to get a pain. Especially if you can't park up just to go and do a looksee/quote!

• Thanks
Reactions: Tep
Back