Regents Park Mosque

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Just been listening to Radio London, about a Dipatches program on Ch4 next Monday. Before I go any further...MODS!...I am NOT racist in any way shape or form, I just find this infuriating!

Regents Park Mosque bookshop sells literature by the Wahaabi (spelling?) sect of Islam, which basically preaches killing 'infidels' such as jews and Christians (or any non muslim). What do we think would happen if Westminster abbey sold similar books from a Christian cleric? I am F%$king fuming!

I don't want to start some Islamophobic rant on here because thats not what I am about. I just wondered if anyone else knew any more about this sect, because I realise there's a danger of being sucked into the way I'm feeling without knowing the full story. Does anyone know more about this?

Sponsored Links
baldersj said:
... sells literature by the Wahaabi (spelling?) sect of Islam, which basically preaches killing 'infidels' such as jews and Christians (or any non muslim)... .
If that is true (I have no way of knowing) then it is already surely illegal under racial hatred or inciting violence laws.

That's what I thought! Guess I'll just have to watch the program on Monday...
I really DO want to find out more about this, because I think it'll just fuel the fire for the boneheads who think ALL Muslims are like this.

There are plenty on here that want to nuke Iran. Does racial hatred only work in one direction?

Sponsored Links
Of course not. I'm aware of that, but it doesn't make it right, and this is not a race issue, its a religious one. The only reason I mentioned racism is because that is what I am likely to be accused of by some people. :rolleyes:

joe-90 said:
Does racial hatred only work in one direction?

The most recent and high profile prosecutions under the charge "inciting racial hatred" and "promoting racial violence" relate to people participating in Islamic protests against the pucblication of cartoons containing images of the Prophet Mohammed and depicting him as a terrorist.

I cannot help but smile at the irony of the situation: People protesting about cartoons that depict their Prophet as a terrorist and their religion as war-mongering, and how do some of them protest? With placards saying "death to the infidels" and "bomb bush" one guy even dressed up as a suicide bomber. I must say, I find their argument really convincing.

Back