regin premier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can you tell me if you can now use the regin premier for let by and soundness testing. I know it can be used for burner pressure

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you tell us why you belive it couldn't or shouldn't be used.

Many thanks

;)

Sure when i last completed my gas training they said it could not be used for letby and soundness testing due to the specific gravity of the blue liquid but was fine to be used for burner pressure.

Many Thanks

If thats true I've learnt something today.

Would have no quarms using mine if I could find it :rolleyes:

;)

Sponsored Links
They did say if you wanted to use it for the letby and soundness testing letby would have to be 2 mins and soundness 6 mins

Not sure which make is a good make and the calibrating would be a pain

as a domestic u guage its a pointless waste of money.SG guagues react more slowly than water therefore TT times will be increased.

Its true use is commercial where the type of guage has a bearing on the test time involved.You would use a SG guage to better guess a source of a leak by its rate.

For pressure measurements its no different to any other guage.

who says? if there was a problem with the premier guages I think the manufacturers would have mentioned it.

I,ve got SG guagues,water guages, a testo digital an anton digital and the best guage out the lot is a cheap plumb centres own brand because it has an inbuilt clock/timing function which none of the others do.Genius.

I,ve got SG guagues,water guages, a testo digital an anton digital and the best guage out the lot is a cheap plumb centres own brand because it has an inbuilt clock/timing function which none of the others do.Genius.

you forgot the bourdon gauge,yes the centrebrand one is good but last winter i found it hard on batteries and it did not like the cold,weapon of choice is the j48 bulky but highly visible and easy to read.

could you give me the model so i can have a look on the plumb
centre web site

i'll have to post it on tomorrow as i,ve not got my van :oops:

Got it from HRPC over the counter,£100ish.

That reminds me, the batteries in my U gauge need replacing and I need the water recalibrating... ;)

i'll have to post it on tomorrow as i,ve not got my van :oops:

Got it from HRPC over the counter,£100ish.

if its the grey and black one mine lasted 3mths. :(

lots have the timer function though. . . . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back