regin premier

That reminds me, the batteries in my U gauge need replacing and I need the water recalibrating... ;)

nowt wrong with old school but some new boilers need a digital gauge for service and commissioning. once you have one you'll never go back.

Sponsored Links
First i've heard of this....i used mine for a let-by and tightness test in front of the corgi inspector in january this year and he had no issues with it!! Why has there been no technical bullitins on this fron GS or CORGI before?

first iv heard of it,and most of the lads i know will say the same. also corgi inspector saw me use mine on my last inspection with no probs. still yet to see him with gassafe.have to admit i do use my digi for things like WB, were they ask for a negative fan pressrue for servicing.also good for lpg for regulator lock up pressure, if failed, it will blast the liquid out of the u gauge.

I'll try and expalin why its irrelevant in domestic but as a commercial tool it has its uses.

I'll start with some statemants,these are from memory so go easy.

Every manometer has whats called a Grm,and has a a tightness test duration which it shouldnt exceed.British standards state minimumTTD is 2 mins.

Water gauge Grm is 0.5,digi to 2 decimal places is 0.1, SG guage is 1.

TTD is calculated from Grm x Ivt x F1 (all from the tables in the books)

We use 67 as a constant(air) for F1.

SO.. biggest domestic volume is 0.035 put these in the formula

And TTD for water guage would be 1.173 mins,digital would be 0.235mins and SG guague would be 2.35mins

You cant test for less than 2mins so no matter what the gauge you've got your time that we all know and love.

The larger the volume the more important the choice of guage.

Lee :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sorry to have created a problem but lcgs thank you for confirming. Off to Hrpc

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back