Regs on a high Zs

its only a very small circuit, 2.5 twin and earth radial supplying two double sockets protected by a 16A MCB and a main RCD 30mA

Sponsored Links
im going back there tomorrow to finish off some work and to do some more tests, what advice would you give just for me to have extra info to draw on

It is seeming odd to me that a Zs is 3 ohms greater than Ze on a short circuit. Or were the measurements taken on different days with different weather conditions?

Sponsored Links
yeah i did find it bizarre because the run to the electrode is very short too just outside the outbuilding

Is the outbuilding on a seperate electrode from the house? If so that would explain the radically different loop impedance values.

Yes, the House is TNCS an SWA cable feeds the outbuilding, only two core and the armouring is earthed from the house only and stops at the outbuilding, then an electrode is earthing the outbuilding

Yes, the House is TNCS an SWA cable feeds the outbuilding, only two core and the armouring is earthed from the house only and stops at the outbuilding, then an electrode is earthing the outbuilding

the outbuilding is TT

yes but its TT that reads 5ohms, can people please read previous many many many thanks

hang on, the armouring is earthed at the house end but not then used at the outbuilding? yes? why are you not using it???

I'm confused here what is the value of Ze at the house?

hang on, the armouring is earthed at the house end but not then used at the outbuilding? yes? why are you not using it???

We haven't got all the information here.

I think you have hit the nail on the head although I wouldn't like to export PME relying on armour for earthing rather use a 3rd core or seperate cpc.

guys i think there is a whole host of confusion going on, many thanks for peoples advice and direction :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back