Regs re: Bathroom Zones

ninebob said:
As said earlier, I phoned the electrical firm who did the last PIR to ask for a copy. This was about 3.30pm, I have just got back in and there's no fax. I wonder if there's some serious ass-kicking (or buck passing) going on in their offices?

they'll either be looking for it (unlikely) or just 'forgetting' you requested it.

most likely the 2nd

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
apart from the appaling aesthetics of the wiring I can see nothing wrong with the shower install,
Except they left the FCU above it....

The existing FCU will need to be blanked, and the cable extended to a new FCU position, moved over to be at least in Z2.
If the wiring is extended at ceiling level there will be no problems of permitted zones in terms of cable routing. The fan may be changed for a LV model.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the further replies.

As of this morning, no fax copy of the 2001 PIR from Skerritts, so I phoned to chase it up. Guess what? A large slice of buck-passing: "We can't fax it to you mate, you'll need to phone Longhurst, we only deal with them."

I haven't even bothered to chase Longhurst. It doesn't take a crystal ball to guess that they will say "well you're the ones who want the shower upgrading, not our problem...."

It just remains that the next PIR is due this month, I will make sure I am present and carrying a large stick if they try to pass it the way it is.

Update to follow.....

What happens when you spray water on the top of the shower? does it run down the cable to the inside?

id drop it on your landlords toes.

tell him its dangereous and you are not happy.

if you are a good tenant ie you pay your rent your landlord will want to keep you happy and if he has to move a fcu to keep you happy thats what he will do.

or he will kick you out.

but when you are looking for your next flat with river views you willknow what to look for with regard to electric zones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back