Regularisation Dispute

I know of a few properties that have loft bedrooms with stairs,lights,heating and vulux windows which are described as floored storage areas when sold
There must be thousands of these up and down the country about which councils could do little, even if they knew about them.
Potential buyers will look at a property and use the space in the loft as they see fit (ie just storage, or as a bedroom). Doesn't make it safe, though, and I wouldn't like to see a loft space used as a bedroom for kids, with no linked alarms and no protected escape route.

Sponsored Links
When I did my loft conversion I got a regularisation certificate for it (it was one of those that started with me thinking I'd like to board my loft out......). I was selling the house and the buyer's mortgage valuer stood in the loft (which was pretty much just awaiting building control's final inspection) and told me that the the house was valued at 210k as is or 250k with the piece of paper.

It would seem that the potential buyers are arses! Estate agents have told me that the buyers have now complained to rightmove that the advertisement for the property is incorrect ... price wrong, should be 3 not 5 bed etc etc!! Obviously trying to force me to sell to them as I won't be able to sell to anyone else

Obviously poisonous little oiks, Im glad you told them to 'do one' :mrgreen:
They wanted the price knocked down, then they would have moved in and used it as a 5 room house.
Its not like the conversion was a dodgy build, of which I am sure there are thousands around.

Right move is funded by sellers not buyers, so they wont interest in potrntial buyers complaints.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that, as I understand it, an indemnity policy will not now be possible, as the council are aware of the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back