Rehema 28s Central Heating Strangeness

I doubt there is a problem with the Boiler wiring, it sounds more like an external control based fault to me check wiring of Room Stats Cylinder stat and Motrorised valve especially the Auxilary switches ;)

Sponsored Links
I don't see any thermostsat unfortunately.
Nothing fires on the boiler.
That's very strange. May be the Sunvic controller is being used as a crude thermostat. :rolleyes:

Can you post a pic showing a general view of the HW cylinder and the surrounding pipes/components.

Boilerman2 said:
I doubt there is a problem with the Boiler wiring, it sounds more like an external control based fault to me check wiring of Room Stats Cylinder stat and Motorised valve especially the Auxiliary switches
I wouldn't be so sure about that. ;) Wiring a Remeha boiler can be tricky as there are so many options. The fact that the installer changed it from the CH only setting to the HW only does not give me much confidence in his abilities.

Nothing complicated about wiring a Remeha once you have identified the correct wiring scheme from the MI suppliment
I doubt that selecting Hotwater only on the boiler programming option would have any effect on a system model - this applies to the Combi version - however remeha fit the same software to every version in the range! ;)

Sponsored Links
Nothing complicated about wiring a Remeha once you have identified the correct wiring scheme from the MI supplement
Agreed, but some of the are difficult to follow and there are some mistakes.

I doubt that selecting Hotwater only on the boiler programming option would have any effect on a system model - this applies to the Combi version - however remeha fit the same software to every version in the range!
Which is a good reason why the correct setting is probably important. The OP can easily verify this.

gremlin162 said:
Programmer fitted to boiler, and external one also. Why?
That's what we all would like to know. ;) Watch this space - but don't hold your breath. :)

Hi

I've been away for a couple of days. I'll post a photo tonight.

Thanks for you continued help.

I've set the boiler to the corect setting and I continue to get hot water once the two clocks are set in the on position....which is good.
The only problem is that I can't force the boiler thermostat (because I can't find it)

That's a Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder. You need to call in an engineer who is Gasafe Registered and has an unvented G3 Certificate.

The G3 certificate is important as it is illegal to work on an unvented cylinder without it.

That's a Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder. You need to call in an engineer who is Gasafe Registered and has an unvented G3 Certificate.

G3 ticket yes , are you sure engineer has to be a RGI? :D

That's a Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder. You need to call in an engineer who is Gasafe Registered and has an unvented G3 Certificate
G3 ticket yes , are you sure engineer has to be a RGI? :D
He doesn't need to be RGI to work on an unvented cylinder. But as it isn't know exactly where in the system the fault lies, it's surely more sensible to call in someone who can diagnose and solve the problem. Otherwise the G3 only man could come along and say: "Nothing wrong with the cylinder, it must be the boiler. I'm not qualified to do that, you will have to get someone else in." :mad: :rolleyes:

Same applies when a RGI is called to rectify a fault , if the fault lies with the unvented cylinder he/she will have to pack up tools & refer the job to someone who holds a G3 ticket. :p

Too much on here regards the IMPORTANCE of RGIs , it's just a job. :rolleyes:

The lates is that I think I have found the thermostat. When I turn it up nothing happens.
In fact...nothing happens unless the timer on the boiler is on override.
Then the water works fine.
When the heating & water is on on the Sunvic, the radiators heat up....it seems as though the boiler doesn't even need to fire

This is really beyond what a DIYer should be doing on an unvented cylinder.

There should be a grey cover lower down and inside a cylinder stat which controls the boiler's call for heat.

Also inside the cover is a manually resettable ficed temperatures stat which is wired in series with the motor in the spring return valve on the cyl's heating coil.

Tony

Same applies when a RGI is called to rectify a fault , if the fault lies with the unvented cylinder he/she will have to pack up tools & refer the job to someone who holds a G3 ticket.
How true! So the customer ends up paying possibly more than twice as much to rectify the fault because the person called out did not have the necessary qualifications.

Too much on here regards the IMPORTANCE of RGIs , it's just a job.
So is a pilot, but I bet you wouldn't feel safe travelling in a 'plane if you knew that the pilot had learned all he knew about flying the 'plane just from reading a book and had no practical experience or relevant qualifications.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back