Reillo burner problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Reillo RDB burner in a Warmflow boiler which has started to malfunction in that it doesn't light up and the lockout light comes on.

I believe myself to be a reasonably competant engineer and have regularly serviced the boiler myself but this time I am unsure what to do next.

There is definitely oil coming from the tank and the nozzle appears to be very damp with oil.

I cannot see any spark at the electrodes within the 12 seconds lighting cycle so I assume that the problem is due to lack of spark rather than lack of oil.

There appears to be about 1000 ohms between the electrodes so at least the secondary of the ignition transformer is OK. There appears to be an infinite resistance between the electrodes and ground.

Electrode spacing is OK (4mm between each and 2.5mm from the nozzle).

The photcell appears to be clean (but I assume that a failure here would probably cause a shutdown after starting up).

Pump coil is about 100 ohms and I can measure some voltage across it (not sure if AC or DC during the startup phase).

I'm tempted to say that the control box has gone west on me but can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to verify this or what else might be wrong ?

Thanks
Ron Bowater

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back