Reliability of Type B MCBs

When sourcing my CU/equipment, I asked on here, and the general consensus was Hager. (Was originally looking at MK+screwfix stuff) SO I went to my old house, where CU+RCD's must be 20 years old, to check what was there as its never been a minutes bother, and "appears" to have always tripped when needed. And realised it was a Hager.

So for new house I have Metal Hager CU + Full set of RCBO's to go it, all looks like good stuff, and hopefully will last like the other one.

Sponsored Links
I installed some Volex gear last week. Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by it - good sized enclosure, seemed to have more wiring space on the top side than you get with Wylex or Crabtree and made of good quality materials. Only downside was, as with alot of units, that the fit on the din rail with the little plastic clips on the mcbs didn't seem positive enough for my liking, though it was all secure enough.

I've got an all Eaton RCBO board in my house, was an upgrade from a split load MEMERA 2000, also had no problems with that so saw no reason to change brand.

The Eaton CU's are well laid out, easy to install, the MCB pan is easy to install/remove. It's just a generally well thought out CU.

And the look is IMHO, one of the better looking CU's out there (it might be under the stairs but its still important)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back