Relocate a brick column?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a new detached chalet bugalow and have been renovating since we moved in. I have been viewing various threads on he site and found the advice given extremely valuable :)

I have now moved onto a carport which was attached to the side of the house. It has a brick base and brick coloumns on each end holding up a plastic roof. I want to rip down the whole car port but preserve the brick columns to use as columns for my electric sliding gate. Is this possible? The columns will be approx 6' tall, and is a brick length and end wide. Obviously the weight of a complete coloumn will be crazy but it seems silly to have to demolish the coloumns, only to rebuild them 15ft away. Im trying to save money so want to avoid getting a brickie in...

Any help most appreciated..

Mike.

Sponsored Links
You want to carry a complete 6' x 13" pier to another location 15' away?

You'll never do it. Even if you could find a way, it would be more expensive than simply rebuilding.

You might want to reinforce the pier too if you're hanging a gate that size from it. Even if it has a wheel one end it would still be worth strengthening the pier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back