Relocating Gas Supply to House Ridiculous Quotation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After a wee bit of advice, not sure if this is right subject area.

I'm currently renovating a house to live in and would like to move the gas pipe coming into the house from right behind the front door to a small utility room at the rear. This is about a 21 meter external run, where i would provide the trench and back fill after. The existing meter is due to be removed this week and i have a new built in gas box mounted at the rear.

My reason is to avoid having to have meter in silly location and gas pipes running through house.

Anyways when i contacted national grid and provided details they just quoted me £2226 which seems to me absolutely ridiculous! Surely this is wrong but i called and they just said its correct.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
You are in the wrong area. You need a money saving forum. This one's about plumbing & heating.

Go back onto NG website and somewhere on there it tells you who else you can try instead of them , sorry cant put a link but its there somewhere

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back