Remedial Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I own a property which i rent out via a letting agency. The agent had a niceic inspection done on the property. On inspection there was a few things picked up
1 No cross bonding under kitchen sink code 2
2 No local isolation switch for shower fan code2
3 No continuity on upstairs ring code3
I have carried out the repair work myself, im not a electrician but i know what im doing. On the paperwork given to myself from the agent it says next inspection due in 1 year. The letting agent keep writing to me asking for a certificate for the work that has been done. I obviously cant produce this because the work was done by myself. Am i write in saying as these were only advisory items and not urgent items a certificate should of been issued by there electrican when the inspection was done? Or have i got to get another inspection done? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
And cross bonding under the kitchen sink is not a non-compliance, it was removed the regs long ago.

No fan isolator would likely warrent a code 2, however, a code 2 does not force a PIR cert to be written as "un-satisfactory".

The faulty ring main warrents a code 1 if it was on the live or neutral conductor due to possible overload. It shouldn't have been given a code 3 - This is for things you couldn't decide on at the time or the inspection, and require further investigation at a later date - The inspector found the lack of continuity and reported it, it is not in the scope of a PIR to actually locate the position of the fault, so this shouldn't have been coded a 3 - it should have been a 1.

It seems that way. Its just on the report it says We recommend that this installation is further inspected and tested after an interval of not more than 1 year provided that any items at G which have been attributed a Recommendation Code 1 ( requires urgent attention) are remedied without delay. items which have been attributed a Recommendation Code 2 or 3 should be actioned as soon as practicable.

Sponsored Links
The faulty ring main warrents a code 1 if it was on the live or neutral conductor due to possible overload.

Wouldn't you say it would warrant a code 1 if it was on the CPC also?
The upstairs ringmain may well not be RCD protected and may not be able to meet its loop impedance values due to the broken CPC.

I would code 2 it.

It would meet the EFL I am sure - little doubt it wouldn't.

It's weather the CSA of the earth is large enough to withstand the fault current during a fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back