Remeha Avanta 18v Ionisation Current

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The manual for this boiler states that the ionisation current should be between 3μA and 9μA. On my newly installed boiler, upon ignition the current runs up over a short period to typically reach around 9.6μA to 9.7μA.

Is this apparently slight variance anything to be concerned about? Or is it just that the flame detection is working very well?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to be worried about!

Boiler settings are only approximate and many figures in manuals are not typical of the majority of units installed.

Tony

I assume the co2 level has been checked and the boiler set up during commissioning with an FGA?

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering why you feel the need to play with a new boiler, you may just invalidate the warantee.

I'm wondering why you feel the need to play with a new boiler, you may just invalidate the warranty.
The OP has obviously read the manual :eek: :( and found that there is a User Menu, which can display various items, including the Ionisation Current.

Yeah he can read the ion current and the fan speed, but thank god he can't change any of it!!! :LOL:

Wow this sounds great. I can't believe that you'd spend your time checking this stuff though. Sounds brilliant from the point of view of the engineer though!

Thanks for the input guys.

But I do have to say that some of you do seem to rather work yourselves into a lather over a simple question.

For the record though, I have RTFM. And I have entered the engineering section on the boiler, just to make sure that the installer didn't change anything he shouldn't have - repeated past experience suggests that it is best to check everything after the install.

eBatch, I'm considering the Remeha Avanta and wonder what you make of it? Is it quiet when running?

Cheers,

iep

But I do have to say that some of you do seem to rather work yourselves into a lather over a simple question.
Are you surprised? I'm not.

Every time someone asks a question on here they are potentially doing the "pro" out of money, so anything they can do to belittle the questioner is more brownie points to them. :rolleyes:

In reply to iep's question about noise, my son had an Avanta open vent boiler installed just before Christmas; it's in the airing cupboard in the bedroom.

I had a good look at it recently and the only way you know it is on is by the display, there is virtually no sound from it. That's with the airing cupboard door open (in case a "pro" queries it ;) )

iep
It is very quiet, especially when it modulates back to a low output. I should add that the model I have is a basic condensing boiler (i.e. it is not a combi or a system boiler). So far we are very pleased with it. It replaced a highly reliable Potterton Netaheat 10/16 MkIIF (26 years old) which only ever broke down twice (1 x thermostat and 1 x fan), but was clearly showing signs of age and was getting decidedly noisy (e.g. kettling). Be great if the Avanta lasts even half as long.

D_Hailsham
No I'm not really surprised. In asking the question I debated whether to provide a bit more by the way of an explanation, but decided against as no matter what one says somebody wants to get hold of the wrong end of the stick or go off at a tangent. So I just left it plain and simple......

D_Hailsham";p="1631548 said:
Are you surprised? I'm not.

Every time someone asks a question on here they are potentially doing the "pro" out of money, so anything they can do to belittle the questioner is more brownie points to them. :rolleyes:

Hmm do not think every one should be tarred with the same brush ??? those who belittle should not !! those who run some installer down on what someone post's should not !! were about's in Sussex are you ??
What's your background ?? Installation ?? some of your calc's I have seen
Nasser ?? interested !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back